Since 1984, Metro Heating & Cooling has been a leader in providing HVAC services across the Greater Des Moines Area. As our company continues to grow, we maintain our vision of creating an enjoyable experience met with anticipation which results in an environment where our team, clients, and communities can comfortably grow, prosper, succeed, and improve their quality of life.
Come join our team to work for and see what the most respected HVAC Company in Des Moines is all about.
POSITION SUMMARY for Experienced Residential Installers:
The purpose of this position is to continue to learn, develop, and understand the skills required to be an efficient and effective residential installation technician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform installation of all HVAC equipment, Ductwork fabrication, Water heaters, Humidifiers, Dryer Vents and Dehumidifiers.
• Interact with the homeowner to understand HVAC concerns and discuss billing expectations.
• Educate the homeowner on other products being installed
• Ensure the HVAC equipment that was installed is clean and safe upon departure.
• Collection of monies owed for the install.
• Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to interact with the homeowner to assure work performed will meet their expectations.
• Ability to use all tools required for the position.
• Ability to safely drive a company van.
• Ability to problem solve, and perform mathematical equations related to the industry.
• Ability to work alone in a self-directed environment.
Education / Experience
• Two years or more of experience in the HVAC field
• Experience installing heating and cooling equipment
• Experience working with sheet metal and electrical components
• Mechanical skills and aptitude
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Mechanical coursework or aptitude preferred
• Apprenticeship level 3 or greater Diploma/Certification of completion in HVAC is preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Standing (constant). For sustained periods of time on hard surfaces.
• Walking (constant). Moving on our about on foot to accomplish tasks.
• Hearing (constant). Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound in order to successfully troubleshoot equipment.
• Seeing (constant). Ability to see in the following manner with or without corrective lenses: ability to read/see near or far, judge distances, and identify colors.
• Attendance and punctuality (regular/predictable). Regular/predictable attendance and punctuality for this position is required.
Frequently (34% – 66%)
• Adapting to temperature (frequent). Ability to work in hot or cold environments either inside or outside of the home.
• Climbing (frequent). Ascending or descending stairs while transporting tools and equipment.
• Kneeling/squatting (frequent). Bending legs at the knee to come to rest on knee or knees.
• Pushing/pulling/reaching/grasping (frequent). Using upper extremities to exert force in order to push, pull, draw, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion. Ability to type is also required.
• Lifting (frequent). Raising objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position up to 50 lbs. Requires use of upper extremities and back muscles.
• Talking (frequent). Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Benefits Of Being a Part of the Metro Family
• Health Insurance, 401K with Company contribution, Paid Vacation
• One of the best company cultures
• Advancement opportunities
• Competitive hourly wage/salary
NOTE: Metro Heating & Cooling is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy, or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
This is a Full-Time position, Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4pm
Fill Out the Form Below to Apply For This Job!
Please Note That Not All Fields Are Required
If you’d prefer to fill out the application in person, please call (515) 266-3693 and ask for Travis.